MID-DAY UPDATE: DAY 2 OF DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION
- Nomination process: Delegates roll call today
- VIDEO: WHIO Anchor James Brown interviews Mayor Nan Whaley
- AT THE DNC: Ohioan is oldest delegate at DNC
- EMAIL HACK: Russians call US politicians ‘paranoid’
- Eaton Delegate: ‘Clinton has proved herself’
- #FeelTheBern: Supporters unmoved by Sanders plea for unity
- COMPARISON: Police presence – DNC vs. RNC
- CONGRESS: Dem nominee drops out of race for Boehner’s former seat
- BILL CLINTON: Former President faces tough crowd in 10th convention speech
- SPEAKERS: Schedule for night two of DNC
- OHIO SENATE RACE: Teamsters back Portman; huge blow to Strickland
- DNC DAY 1 RECAP: Protests, boos, calls for unity, Michelle Obama
- TRUMP AMA: Candidate to do “Ask Me Anything” on Reddit
- TRUMP TWEETS: Candidate live Tweets DNC – His comments and best responses
Delegates will do a roll call vote to determine the Democratic presidential nominee. Loud support for Bernie Sanders is expected, as he did not release his delegates prior to the convention. Hillary Clinton will win the nomination, which is expected when Virginia and its governor Terry McAuliffe make the call to put Clinton over the top.
Despite please from Bernie Sanders and Michelle Obama, Sanders supporters are split on backing Clinton in November. The release of hacked DNC emails fueled fire because of harsh and agitated comments DNC staffers wrote about Sanders. Many backing the Sanders campaign felt the party had been conspiring against Sanders before the hack occurred.
Speakers for night two of the DNC include headliner former President Bill Clinton, Ryan Moore, who will speak on behalf of Clinton’s healthcare efforts. Lauren Manning, a catastrophically wounded survivor of 9-11; Joe Sweeney, an NYPD detective who was at the scene of Ground Zero on 9-11; Mothers of the Movement, an anti-police brutality group.